As businesses evolve, processes within the organization tend to fade, and optimizing them becomes difficult. Using traditional methodologies can be expensive, lengthy, and ineffective. Trying to uncover automation opportunities can be a tedious, inefficient exercise. The ServiceNow Process Optimization application provides process owners and analysts the necessary tools to analyze business processes and gain greater visibility, leading to the discovery of inefficiencies and greater insight on how to further optimize. This tool also creates automated business flows from audit data, allowing you to monitor processes, analyze performance, identify inefficiencies, and check compliance.
Capabilities of ServiceNow Process Optimization
- Harness user experience data to visualize the execution of your processes and gain proper insight into the customer journey and user experience.
- Detect bottlenecks in your processes, analyze their impact on key performance indicators, and resolve root-cause issues.
- Take advantage of the scalability of AI and machine learning to perform an advanced calculation.
- Detect potential problems in real-time before they impact the business by auditing processes.
- Discover best practices for improving your processes by integrating ServiceNow Performance Analytics and Continual Improvement Management applications.
Key Features of ServiceNow Process Optimization
Automated Process Discovery – Define a project that lets you explore process tables, breakdowns, and transitions.
Analyst Workbench – Process workflows can be visualized in the Analyst Workbench. The interactive process map, the explorative filter panel, and pre-built performance metrics offer great insights into business processes.
Integrations – Process Optimization integrates well with other ServiceNow applications. With Continual Improvement Management, statuses of improvement initiatives can be created and viewed. Integration with Performance Analytics and ServiceNow Benchmarks allows for low-performance indicators of root causes to be analyzed. It can also be integrated with Customer Service Management, Financial Services Operations, and ITSM processes for increased efficiency.
Celonis and ServiceNow Process Optimization
Both Celonis and Process Optimization applications provide increased visibility into business processes, optimize them, and identify bottlenecks. Celonis is a pioneer in process mining, which thoroughly analyzes an organization’s business processes using event data and turns them into insights and action. However, Celonis is a separate tool. The ServiceNow Process Optimization application is part of the broader Now Platform, and as such, has unhindered access to data, which can reduce time and effort.