biChatbots are taking over the tech world—and beyond. Major companies like Uber, Paypal, and Slack all make use of chatbots to aid customers. In addition to customer-facing chatbots, tons of companies are enlisting the help of chatbots to act as HR on boarding, answer questions from employees, and more. You may be wondering, “Does my company need a chatbot?” or “Is a chatbot the right fit for my company’s needs?” We have some good news! Our ServiceNow experts have compiled a list of key areas where chatbots are the right fit.
Key Areas Where Chatbots are the Right Fit
Chatbots are capable of providing one-on-one consultancy to website visitors, customers, and internal employees. Because of their versatility, chatbots can help in multiple facets of a business’s operations, from on boarding to customer service. Some key areas where chatbots may be the right fit are:
- Customer service: Bots can understand, and resolve, issues that arise the same way a customer service agent can. When properly trained, the bot can understand customer issues and resolve them, create service tickets, and assign the tickets to the correct human being, depending on the process put in place for them.
- Sales: When you walk into a store, you usually are greeted by a salesperson who helps guide you to the right products based on your needs. With chatbots, you can create “digital” salespeople to aid customers as they browse through your website. These bots are especially helpful for e-commerce companies, as the conversational agents can help customers choose the right products based on their unique needs.
- Digital assistants: Some bots can create meeting schedules, and appointments, based around the availability of those involved in the meeting. These virtual assistants are useful when trying to coordinate meetings or training times.
- Digital HR person: Bots can become digital HR people, aiding in on boarding, answering common questions, and creating service tickets as needed by employees—thus saving your human HR team valuable time to work on other things!
- Expert bots: Some bots can build knowledge of graphs of your domain, and are capable of creating logical answers to questions. Great uses for these bots are in the legal, medical, and education domains.
Of course, as with any growing technology, there are dozens of other uses for chatbots—maybe even some we’ve not thought of yet.
Want to learn more? Click here for our free Chatbots 101 Guide
More Information on Chatbots and Their Uses
If this list was helpful to you, the following articles may also help you in your search for the best chatbot for your business. Check them out here:
- Intent Classification and its Significance in Chatbot Development
- Chatbots and the Turing Test
- How ServiceNow Chatbots for Your Slack Group Can Increase Productivity
- Why Does Deep Learning Matter?
If you’d like to learn more about chatbots, what they can do, and where they may fit in at your company, speak to one of our ServiceNow experts: