In a hurry to reap the benefits of RPA, businesses often deploy RPA tools or applications without developing a strategy. To ensure a successful automation journey with RPA, you must have clear goals. The right partner can help you navigate that journey to meet and exceed those goals. Consider the following points when choosing an RPA partner that's best for your business.
Choosing Your RPA Partner
There's a lot to consider in finding the right RPA partner. Once you have a strategy in place, you can begin the selection process.
- Type of Bots: Are the provider’s RPA bots meant to be deployed for front or back-office tasks? What do you need for your strategy in mind?
- Advanced Cognitive Capability: To handle unstructured data sources or make real-time decisions, RPA bots need to have cognitive capabilities.
- Recorders: To increase automation, workflow steps are recorded. Verify whether the RPA provider includes tools to perform this function.
- Architecture: Can they scale? A successful RPA provider should be able to scale RPA architecture according to your needs.
- Technology Applied: What base technology does the RPA provider use to develop their solution?
- Reliability: Do they provide reliable solutions? The RPA solution should be reliable at any workload, be it low, moderate, high or very high.
- Reusability: Check whether the provider follows a modular automation approach, where reusable workflow modules are created so that modules can be synthesized to serve various automation needs.
- Process Designer: What sort of process designer approach does the provider use? Decide which type of process designer suits your business needs: visual process designer, script-based or visual method designer.
- Pricing: Understanding the cost of procuring an RPA solution is important. This includes licensing, ongoing maintenance, and support costs. Evaluating price will help businesses reach a Return on Investment quicker.
Questions to Ask Potential RPA Partners
You should ask the following questions when vetting RPA service providers:
- Do you provide automation solutions for a specific business process, or do you consider the overall automation journey of an organization?
- How comprehensive and cohesive is your RPA automation platform?
- Do you evaluate the best integration opportunities and recommend the optimal course of action?
- How clear and robust is your RPA adoption roadmap?
- What security and GRC guidelines do you consider when implementing an RPA solution?
- How do you precisely plot, organize, prioritize, and document business processes and tasks?
- What tools do you use to develop, test, deploy, and examine your RPA solutions?
- What is your experience in providing scalable RPA solutions?
Considering the right aspects and asking the right questions will help you find the perfect RPA partner for your automation Journey.