ServiceNow has pioneered groundbreaking solutions to consumerize the overall business service delivery. Following in its success, the latest ServiceNow release Madrid has altogether new and innovative solutions that scale up the service delivery experiences and business profits in the era experience-as-an-economy. Compared to the previous release ServiceNow London, here is the list of new features ServiceNow Madrid offers.
Highly Scalable ServiceNow Mobile Platform
The ServiceNow Madrid release has a ServiceNow mobile platform which offers intuitive mobile app experiences to its users. ServiceNow Mobile Agent is available for both iOS or Android users from the iTunes store or Google Play store. Highlights of the ServiceNow Madrid mobile platform are:
- With ITSM ServiceNow Agent application, users can do complete project management tasks like request authorization, task status inquiry, incident management (assign or reassign incidents), approve or request changes, group workload management and so on.
- Users can be better informed about events, records, or task updates through push notifications. For example, say a user is assigned a task by the team leader, the user gets a mobile notification regarding this assignment. Thereby keeping users more informed.
- Users can securely configure the mobile app through ServiceNow Studio. Doing so avoids breaking the mobile app due to any configuration changes. To learn more about the steps to configure, click here.
- Users can submit records even offline. All one must do is plan offline work items and download them, the changes are tracked within the outbox and the instance is updated once the user is back online.
- For offline mode: Settings tab-> Offline Mode-> Download and Go Offline (To download offline cache, if not downloaded previously).
- Enabling track location lets you record information in a location and how much time you have spent working on a particular instance in that location. This is not mandatory, it can be enabled or disabled by users.
- Strong screen UI policies provide freedom in deciding what items/information can be viewed by users for their tasks. These sets of conditions govern when the policy is applied.
(Learn more about ServiceNow Madrid Mobile new features.)
ServiceNow Madrid’s document viewer feature lets the user avoid the pain of downloading documents every time they wish to read. This feature permits the user to open the documents within the Now Platform, without having to use third-party software. Only upon activation, this feature can be available to users and only admins are authorized to activate this feature.
To activate the Document Viewer Feature: System Definition → Plugins → Document Viewer → Install → Activate.
To enable Document Viewer feature entirely, at the table level one needs to configure it to make documents attached to a particular record.
(Learn more about ServiceNow Madrid Document Viewer)
Antivirus Scanning: For Robust Security
Files of different formats are uploaded to records of tables within the Now Platform.
If you're downloading or uploading a specific file to the ServiceNow Platform, you're at risk of downloading/uploading a file with a virus which can damage your device.
To avoid these sort of attacks the new release of ServiceNow Madrid performs antivirus scanning on files and sends notifications to end-users to alert them about any suspicious files.
The earlier versions of ServiceNow, though they had security mechanisms, they didn’t have a robust anti-virus system. The “Antivirus Scanning” is by default automatically enabled in all ServiceNow instances and moreover, it offers freedom for users to configure in accordance with your business requirements. While downloading the files users will be informed through notifications if the file might be affected by a virus. Based on this, users can decide whether to download the file or not.
The Antivirus activities log dashboard lists out the files that are affected, added to quarantine, and list of actions performed on infected files. Users can review the quarantine list and take necessary actions: restore, delete and download.
(Learn more about ServiceNow Madrid Antivirus Scanning)
Innovative Ways to Improve Skills with Coaching
ServiceNow Madrid comes with an innovative way to empower user skill capacities with an automated guided learning approach called Coaching. The user's capabilities and knowledge are assessed on a continuous basis and skill gaps are identified. Based on this analysis, the user is either coached with a self-learning guide or by a virtual coach or real-time learning recommendations are made. A Coaching Assessment for a user is created, as soon as the Coaching Moment within a Coaching Opportunity is generated. Then based on the assessment, the assignment is either allotted by a real-life coach, virtual coach or recommended guided courses.
This Coaching module of ServiceNow Madrid is integrated with the Continual Improvement Management (CIM), Skills Management, and Knowledge Management. This integration lets the ServiceNow platform suggest respective knowledge articles based on the skill gaps or coaching opportunities.
The coach dashboards permit the manager or coach with detailed real-time analytics on the assessments, development actions, coaching survey feedback scores, tasks resolved by the virtual coach, and complete skill progress of all team members or trainees. Based on this a manager or coach have the freedom to suggest some skill development programs. In a similar way the trainee dashboards lets trainees or users see the analytics reports on their skill improvements and coaching history.
(Learn more about ServiceNow Madrid Coaching module)
Do you want a deeper understanding of the ServiceNow Madrid? Are you concerned about the migration process? Get in touch with our ServiceNow experts for a free consultation.