This annual ranking in it's 23rd year of the top staffing companies across the United States for 2018 highlights 143 companies that generated at least $100 million in US staffing revenue in 2017. Added together, these firms generated $83.6 billion in such revenue, making up 58.6% of the market by our estimates.
Largest IT Staffing Firms Highlights
The US staffing industry is characterized as a fragmented industry by varied competitors. The largest firm on the list, Allegis Group, held 6.7% of the market last year while the combined 143 companies listed in this report represented 58.6% of the market. Some key stats thanks to SIA:
- Industrial and IT skill segments were the largest temporary staffing skill segments by revenue for 45 and 44 companies.
- Healthcare was the largest skill segment for 26 firms, with 12 of those companies offering travel nurse staffing as their largest segment.
- Remaining firms noted the following segment as their largest: engineering (9 firms), retained search (6 firms), clinical/scientific (3 firms), education (2 firms) and marketing/creative (2 firms).
- Fifteen companies that generated $1 billion or more in US staffing revenue last year are on the list. Added together, these companies generated $48.7 billion in such revenue, making up 34.1% of the market.
For more details on this list and key statistics visit Staffing Industry Analysts press release on this list for the Largest Staffing Firms with revenue over $100 million here.
Key IT Staffing Trends
The report notes the favorable economy has increased revenues for staffing companies across the board in organic sales initiatives and strategic acquisitions.
- 75% of staffing companies expect revenue to increase in 2018 vs 2017
- 52% of staffing firms expect double digit growth in tech spending
- IT talent shortage is the #1 challenge for all recruiting professionals
- Candidate referrals rank as the #1 source of high-quality candidates
Top IT Staffing and Recruiting Firm in KY
V-Soft Consulting has again been ranked among the largest staffing firms in the United States by the Staffing Industry Analysts; the leading global advisor on staffing and workforce solutions. Here are the highlights of V-Soft, a Louisville, KY based company with local and national rankings.
Barry Asin, President of SIA shared, “These organizations stand out for their sizable operations, impressive achievements and as industry leaders in today’s competitive and dynamic ecosystem.”
The rankings reflect our dedication to bringing the best to our clients and candidates we serve each day. It is no an accident, but our intent to improve through technology and increased person to person contact living our passion to focus on our people first approach”
Purna Veer, President, V-Soft Consulting
About Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA)
Here's a corporate overview of SIA, a global advisor on staffing and workforce solutions form their website found here.
Founded in 1989, SIA is the global advisor on staffing and workforce solutions. Our proprietary research covers all categories of employed and non-employed work including temporary staffing, independent contracting and other types of contingent labor.
SIA’s independent and objective analysis provides insights into the services and suppliers operating in the workforce solutions ecosystem including staffing firms, managed service providers, recruitment process outsourcers, payrolling/compliance firms and talent acquisition technology specialists such as vendor management systems, online staffing platforms, crowdsourcing and online work services. We also provide training and accreditation with our unique Certified Contingent Workforce Professional (CCWP) program.
Known for our award-winning content, data, support tools, publications, executive conferences and events, we help both suppliers and buyers of workforce solutions make better-informed decisions that improve business results and minimize risk. As a division of the international business media company, Crain Communications Inc., SIA is headquartered in Mountain View, California, with offices in London, England.