Many organizations are adopting cloud computing solutions to speed up their innovations and provide services to end-users or customers. Cloud computing enables organizations to access the required set of applications or services over the internet on any device and platform.
Despite cloud technology having many positives, there are still some challenges certain business logic implementations. This is when companies started considering cloud platform integration and management solutions such as an Amazon Web Service (AWS) and ServiceNow integration.
The ServiceNow and AWS integration combines, the AWS cloud provider's agile capabilities and strong ecosystem of applications with the superior service delivery capabilities of the Now Platform while upholding extreme security, visibility, and control over cloud resources.
Introduction to ServiceNow Platform and AWS
ServiceNow is an innovative enterprise cloud company that has changed how work gets done. The Now Platform structures and automates the flow of work, to streamline the delivery of services. ServiceNow offers SaaS and PaaS combined. Most project portfolios are developed and maintained through ServiceNow applications and focuses on Service-oriented processes. Applications are developed in ServiceNow because of these features:
- Real time analysis and reporting
- Fast configuration
- On-Demand IT Service Management
- Secure data storage
AWS cloud is one of the top cloud computing services providers. Though AWS is strong as an IaaS cloud service provider, it also comes with strong capabilities as a SaaS and PaaS cloud service providers too. Here are some benefits to AWS:
- Eliminate capital expense and reduce ongoing costs
- Innovate rapidly
- Respond quickly to shifting business conditions
- Increase stability, reliability, and supportability
- Enhance security
Understanding the Need For ServiceNow and AWS Integration
To understand the need for and AWS and ServiceNow integration, let's consider a real-time scenario, You're in a ServiceNow project, and the team found it difficult to upload images on the website which resulted a server hang up. This continued until someone could restart the server. This frequently happens if a user uploads an image of more than 30MB size.
The team then performs security testing and accepts a 30MB image in the production environment. We are faced with a similar issue. This situation frustrates end-users and gradually and makes them feel bad about the application. To solve this issue, you can implement the “OpenCV algorithm” which through an AWS integration. This is just one of many integration use cases.
Integrating AWS and ServiceNow
- As mentioned earlier, the “OpenCV algorithm” is an Artificial intelligence and Machine Learning based algorithm which can serve the problem.
- Using Python code for “OpenCV algorithm”, the Dev team implemented storage of all images in AWS through APIs
- We used AWS cloud storage for our huge size images and then, to retrieve back to our ServiceNow website.
- APIs will transfer data in and out from AWS to ServiceNow. Thereby, the Server hung issue is resolved.
- After integration with AWS concentrated on the performance of the system by uploading huge hunks of images with greater image size. Within fractions of seconds, the upload is successful.
Figure: Process of Integration ServiceNow with AWS
Both AWS and ServiceNow are high performing entities, moreover, both are highly reliable, faster in their performance. This integration will enable organizations to deliver services over the cloud with:
- High Performance
- Globally Scalable
- Faster to deploy
Srivani Devaravajjala is a Test Lead at V-Soft consulting and has more than 9 years of IT experience in the QA stream. She is a certified Scrum Master. She has sound testing knowledge in Web & Mobile App, GUI, Functional, Integration, System, Ad-hoc, Usability, Database, Smoke, Regression and Retesting. In her quality testing career, she attained skills in Selenium IDE, WebDriver and QTP automation Testing Tools.