ServiceNow has been the forefront of Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solutions for the past few years and has been growing exponentially each year. It has a proven capability to transform IT and the enterprise, now becoming a career strategy for leading CIOs. With all of the benefits that ServiceNow offers, it’s no wonder it’s so popular. Not sure if it’s right for you? Read this post to learn the 5 reasons on why your company should use ServiceNow.
ServiceNow is Simple
ServiceNow has been changing the way people work since 2003 and repeatedly lists as one of the fastest growing software companies of all time. As the enterprise cloud company, ServiceNow provides a service model that defines, structures and automates the flow of work, removing email and spreadsheets from the process to streamline the delivery of services. It replaces those manual transactions with a consumerized "light-speed" service experience designed for everyone in the enterprise.
While ServiceNow solves many business problems, one of the biggest benefits of ServiceNow is the relatively low amount of configuration required to get up and running in an enterprise. It means that you can immediately be productive and begin identifying concerns and resolve them.
ServiceNow's NOW Platform is Fast
Built to manage everything as a service, ServiceNow helps the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. It does this by placing a service-oriented lens on the activities, tasks and processes that make up the day-to-day work life.
The reason it is so efficient is that it gives you a solid platform, including architecture, straight out of the box. From there you can work on the rules and build the forms very quickly, and you don't even have to worry about what structures your databases are.
Not only does it have about 75% of your work done for you as soon as you set it up, it also has a very open architecture so you can take it and plug it into different systems or processes that are otherwise not represented.
ServiceNow's NOW Platform is Powerful
ServiceNow is many things. Not only is it flexible, but it is exceedingly powerful in every aspect of its design. ServiceNow enables enterprise service domains to define services, provide an intuitive service experience, deliver service, assure service availability and analyze critical service metrics. Here are just a few of the tools available to you in ServiceNow:
- Application Development: Quickly build, test and publish ServiceNow applications that can span from a single department to your entire enterprise. As little to no coding is required, almost anyone can build business applications for every line of business.
- Field Service Management: ServiceNow makes field service management simple by replacing spreadsheets, email and other management tools with a single system.
- Finance Service Management: Efficiently fulfill submitted requests including financial reports, procurement and payroll issues; gain visibility into work requests and trends over time.
- HR Service Management: Create a system of engagement that works in tandem with existing applications for core HR, talent and workforce management. (Learn how why effective is ServiceNow implementation for HR service Management)
- IT Service Management: ITSM consolidates and automates service management processes, increase efficiency, lower costs—and devote more time to creating the consumer‑like self‑service experience that users expect. (To learn in detail how modernizing service management with ServiceNow ITSM is beneficial)
- Security Operations: ServiceNow Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) module systematically manage security incidents, prioritize vulnerabilities, visualize the effectiveness of security investments, and adapt to changing conditions.
ServiceNow's NOW Platform is Ubiquitous
Definition of ubiquitous: existing or being everywhere, especially at the same time. This is very much so true with ServiceNow, as it is a cloud-based PaaS. The biggest perk about it being cloud-based is that there are no ties to a local resource, and it can easily scale across multiple networks.
Unlike other platforms, ServiceNow was natively designed in the cloud and it shows. Many cloud‑based services are not designed to withstand the stresses of enterprise IT. They are used to process a relatively low transaction volume and support department‑level, less critical workloads.
ServiceNow differs as it is designed specifically for the large enterprise. It has the endurance to withstand the pressures of the IT industry, scalability, and customer requirements.
ServiceNow comes Pre-Equipped with the Annual Knowledge Conference
ServiceNow’s conference, Knowledge, is often held in Las Vegas, NV each year and brings in over 20,000 attendees from all over the world. Boasting an excess of 400 sessions in just under 6 days, there is no shortage of knowledge at this specialized conference (no pun intended, of course).
Wondering what you can take away from Knowledge?
- Networking opportunities with thousands of service managers, professionals, and thought leaders from around the globe
- Over 400 breakout sessions, most being led by existing ServiceNow customers
- 150+ sponsors and exhibitors showcasing new and unique ways to utilize ServiceNow
- The option to learn more at CreatorCon, the post-conference event specifically for ServiceNow developers
The conference is always well received, and as of the most recent Knowledge conference, a whopping 92% of respondents said they planned to return. On top of that, 91% said that they learned something new about ServiceNow and its functionality. How’s that for knowledge?
ServiceNow and the ServiceNow logo are registered trademarks of ServiceNow, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
V-Soft Consulting is proud to be a ServiceNow partner, able to provide either consultants to your business or offer support for your ServiceNow instance. By placing a service-oriented lens on the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, V-Soft helps the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. Interested in learning more? Email the team: ServiceNow@vsoftconsulting.com