ServiceNow IT Operations Management (ITOM) solutions help organizations enhance visibility into its infrastructure and services, prevent service outages, and maximize operational agility. Here we explore how ServiceNow ITOM solves the problems of IT operations management.
Deciphering the Need for ServiceNow ITOM
IT departments have a broad view of business services and infrastructure, by mapping one with the other. Enterprises have a strong interest in digital transformation to drive efficiency and add technologies such as voice assistants, IoT, blockchain, and, DevOps.
This lead to a radical rise in scalable IT infrastructure and increased demand for robust operational management. The real challenge here is accelerating the service delivery process while ensuring quality. The rapid advancements and added technologies can be hard for IT teams to balance and keep straight between each business service and system. Lack of service visibility can result in inconsistencies. In the case of business-critical services, response rates can be negatively impacted. This is where the role of ServiceNow IT operational management role comes in.
How ServiceNow ITOM Can Help
ITOM software is intended to represent all the tools needed to manage the provisioning, capacity, performance, and availability of the computing, networking and application environment.”
ServiceNow ITOM transforms ITOM processes with high-level automation solutions and service modeling capabilities, thereby ensuring total accountability of the IT infrastructure. It directs the approach of the IT department’s ITOM strategy. This empowers the IT team to automate manual tasks and focus more on driving business goals by managing IT infrastructure (which includes software, devices, and other hardware) dynamically.
ServiceNow ITOM maps business systems and services under one umbrella, streamlining the overall IT operations. Also, the ITOM dashboard provides deeper insights on the health of the IT infrastructure. ServiceNow ITOM deploys predictive and machine learning algorithms to provide deep analytics in the service delivery efficiencies and identifies anomalies in the infrastructure and can even suggests remedies for self-healing. ServiceNow ITOM makes IT teams be more responsive to any dynamic business needs. Also, ITOM easily integrates with new technologies or services.
ServiceNow ITOM allows top IT managers to see overall applications and infrastructure performance as a whole. Thereby this IT investments can steer future IT investments by providing valuable insights into the department's weak spots.
ServiceNow ITOM Key Components
- Discovery: ServiceNow Discovery stores the whole system record of the entire IT infrastructure that is usually spread across different location servers and clouds.
- Event Management: Event Management gathers information from all monitoring tools and enables IT teams to view all data in one streamlined dashboard. The single dashboard provides single birds-eye-view of the overall health of IT infrastructure services. The event management dashboard sends alerts if any issues are noticed and also suggests solutions.
- Operational Intelligence: This is an add-on to the Event Management, which uses machine learning to enable early detection of issues and dodge service outages.
- Orchestration: Orchestration in ServiceNow is a powerful system for managing IT and business processes quickly and reliably by automating simple and complex tasks on remote services, servers, applications, and hardware. (To read in detail, click here.)
- Service Mapping: Service Mapping appropriately maps services to applications and infrastructure components. Configuration Management Database (CMDB) provides the blueprint for drafting service mapping.
- Cloud Management The Cloud Management solution empowers the IT operations to enhance enterprise cloud strategy by ensuring there are no service disruptions and by enabling hybrid cloud services.
If you are wanting to have experts, feel free to get a free consultation to discuss with out experts.