With each release, ServiceNow is offering some major breakthroughs in service industry operations and delivery efficiencies, much has been speculated on upcoming ServiceNow Paris release. To clear up the assumptions on the capabilities of ServiceNow Paris, here we list the new features ServiceNow Paris has to offer over its previous release.
Analytics, Intelligence, and Reporting
- Analytics Center: This module permits access to all the analytics data. Users can ask questions in natural language to retrieve tables, analytics, and visualizations. Users can breakdown the KPI details to make projections and detect deviations from the defined KPIs.
- KPI Signals: KPI Signals is a part of the Workspace KPI Details module. These signals alert if any significant change in the process is noticed.
- NLU: The default ServiceNow NLU now supports languages other than English including German and French. Apart from these, updates to NLU include, intent prediction, addition of synonyms to the system vocabulary, and allows distinct vocabulary types.
- Predictive Intelligence Workbench: By applying predictive intelligence capabilities, the predictive intelligence workbench dashboard helps businesses assess the value generated by automating business processes with machine learning solutions.
- Chat Integrations: Using scriptable APIs, the custom chat integrations connect live and virtual agents to messaging apps with a new API that creates a custom adapter.
Virtual Agent API: This is intended to deliver unified and uninterrupted experiences across multiple chatbots. The virtual agent API is a REST API permitting developers to utilize virtual agents as either standalone or as a secondary bot in multiple bots.
Now Mobile Apps
- Mobile App Security: ServiceNow Mobile App security measures ensure apps stay in compliance with federal and internal security specifications. ServiceNow permits users to configure security and compliance requirements in accordance with their requirements. For data security, ServiceNow uses SSL/TLS for Over-the-Air communication to encrypt data.
- Actionable Push Notifications: Users can execute push notification actions without having to open a mobile app. Users can associate three actions to push notifications. Action items supported are Navigation, URL, and Chat Launcher.
The updated IntegrationHub effortlessly links numerous third-party system accounts and delivers a distinct and scalable integration framework.
IT Service Management
- ITSM Predictive Intelligence Workbench: By applying predictive intelligence capabilities, the ITSM predictive intelligence dashboard helps businesses assess the value generated by automating business processes with machine learning solutions.
- Change Management Enhancements: The Change Management updates in ServiceNow Paris permit IT teams, to speed up work by automating approval processes, hardware asset management, tracking conflicts, Changing success score, and regulating every entity of the IT change processes.
- Amazon Connect Integration: To achieve higher business capabilities, ServiceNow conducts AWS Integration with ServiceNow Applications through AWS Connect.
IT Business Management
- Scenario Planning for PPM: Scenario planning for PPM asses specific scenarios and outcomes, checks if they are in sync with business goals, assigns priority, plans budgets, designs strategies, and optimizes resources.
- Resource Change Management: Using allocation workbench, users can perform resource planning and allocation strategically to position themselves effectively for better business process outcomes.
- Azure DevOps and Jira Integration: To ensure seamless data flow and integrity ServiceNow provides robust connectors to integrate ServiceNow with Azure and Atlassian Jira.
- SAFE & Scrum Program Management: Teams can view all agile teams operating in a single dashboard. Based on the review, work can be restructured appropriately on the scrum program planning board.
IT Operations Management
- Firewall and Inventory Audit Application: Using the Firewall and inventory Audit application, users can uncover, make a portfolio, and audit all the firewall security policies, devices, and respective manager information.
- Application Fingerprinting for Service Mapping: Using machine learning capabilities, application patterns used with Service Mapping are identified and categorized as application fingerprints for better operability and traceability.
- Event Management and Alert Intelligence: An alert is a notification created by Event Management for designated events. Using Alert Intelligence in the Agent Workspace, users can supervise alerts in the Workspace in the Event Management implementation. The businesses can analyze the health of IT infrastructure and alerts through notifications and help IT teams conduct root cause analysis of a possible event. This way, businesses can be proactive and avoid service outages.
Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
- Multisource CMDB: This ensures data consistency across configuration items and avoid data duplication, thereby ensuring CMDB data quality in real-time.
- Service Graph Connectors: Service Graph Connectors is introduced as a part of ServiceNow ITOM and this feeds third-party data into the ServiceNow graph.
- Application Services Creation Setup: Offers better connectivity among various business applications to achieve business service, while providing improved transparency into application services with an integrated user interface.
- Application Services-Enhanced Query builder: With no need to code, ServiceNow allows users to develop queries visually, blending queries against non-CMDB data.
IT Asset Management
- Hardware Asset Management: This is a new feature in ServiceNow Paris, aimed to automate the IT and non-IT asset lifecycle. Hardware Asset Management is a licensed application.
- Cloud Spend Dashboard: Monitor all cloud spending in a single dashboard. This provides indicators from the SaaS Overview dashboard and the Cloud Insights homepage. This is available from the ServiceNow Store.
- SaaS License Management: Access the usage and login data for SSO apps inside Azure AD using the SaaS License Management application.
- Software Asset Connections: Make use of a discovery tool with an API to fill software data. The unearthed data is then merged into a CMDB.
- Managed Service Provider Support: Manage software asset management services for customers on a multi-tenant instance.
- Application Vulnerability Management: Execute real-time scanning of infrastructure and application vulnerabilities and suggests organized solutions.
- Use-Case Playbook Library: The case playbook manages and resolves product-related issues. This library provides innovative and robust playbook actions to automate tasks and guarantee quality and reliable analyst response.
- Vulnerability Assignment Recommendations: Leverages ML capabilities to assess vulnerability data, make predictions on possible solutions, and makes recommendations.
- User-Reported Phishing: Uses predictive intelligence abilities to detect phishing attacks by performing auto-scanning phishing emails and prioritizes user-reported phishing attacks.
Vendor Engagements: Navigates the organizational hierarchy to evaluate intricacy and risk. Establishes and calculates the activities of a vendor or people in the hierarchy and develops a cumulative risk score.
Cross-functional Integrations: Accomplishes improved GRC management within the enterprise and reports risk events.
Customer Service Management
- Playbooks for CSM: Provides standard and automated processes to customer issues. The CSM playbook leads agents with the process of resolving issues and creates tasks for other teams in this process.
- Customer Central: Offers a consolidated view of customer activities in a workspace to optimize customer interactions.
- Industry Data Models: Industry data models provide a framework to create data models according to the business needs.
- Knowledge Authoring: Writes and edits knowledge articles with Microsoft Word effortlessly.
- Simplifies GitLab integration with GitLab Code Repository and GitLab Continuous Integration capabilities to speed up team deliverables.
- Extends Azure DevOps assistance for other types of Agile/Scrum Boards.
- Provides hassle-free integration with other test tools and ensures full control by providing detailed insights.
- Offers various operational metrics about service accessibility and key measurements.