Looking at the transformation Artificial Intelligence (AI) brought to the business world, even governments agencies have been looking at AI technology for modernizing their legacy systems and to bring agility, transparency, and efficiency, in the way serve their people as well as the internal workforce. Know how AI-powered chatbots can enable government agencies to ensure better people satisfaction...
Almost 250,000 public sector workers could lose their jobs to robots over the next 15 years."
Government Challenged to Service More of the Public Quicker with Less Resources
Most people are less knowledgeable on the government procedures, laws and acts. The information requests for the government agencies (tax filing, legislative, judicial and so on) often involves a lot of manual, laborious, and repetitive tasks for people as well as for the government workforce (inevitable paperwork. In this process, the people need to go on for long waits and keep moving around the government agencies to locate an appropriate source to get the information.
Despite governments deploying increasing service workers and spending billions to serve people better, we still don’t find enough proportionate workforce (and efforts) to handle the public's issues. This frustrates the public and distances the government in building a healthy relationship, thereby resulting in poor governance.
How Chatbots Can be the Game for Government Service
All these manual, laborious, and repetitive tasks can be automated by using an AI powered chatbot in a cost-effective manner. At any given 24/7 time, the chatbots have the capability to handle any number of people requests and respond back to them with information. Many government agencies around the world have been implementing chatbots to help peoples to prompt painless and effective interactions.
(Know about the 12 Global Government Agencies that are excelling in service delivery by the usage of chatbots)
Looking at the vast social media (like Facebook) population few government agencies have been developing Facebook messenger chatbots to enable peoples to interact through Facebook (The White House uses a Facebook chatbot messenger to connect people with The President of USA). This way chatbots ensures better Government-people interaction and strong relationship.
Chatbots enable the public dealing with Government entities just some of the benefits we highlight below.
- Paying taxes or bills online through chatbots
- Getting information about various public services in detailed manner
- Raising and tracking the status of requests 24/7 at their convenient, place, time and device. Thereby avoiding the time wastage incurred in moving around the agencies in person.
- Getting online public medical services from the chatbot, which based on the symptoms can suggest the medicine for people. Thereby avoiding unnecessary doctor appointments.
- Raise any complaints regarding the lapses in the civic services, like damaged roads.
- Having information about government procedures, legal advises, laws and acts, interacting with chatbot without spending hours together on website or roaming around each offices..
Other Benefits of Government Chatbots
- People can interact with the bot in their natural language
- Get access to government with greater transparency
- Best-in-class service for the public
- Get quick access to public data avoiding communication and information gaps
- Improved relationships with the government
- No need for long waits or forced to keep moving around the government agencies every now and then for resolving requests. This saves peoples time and avoids unnecessary travel costs around the offices
- Bring agility and better responsiveness by bringing all the government data together
- Avail public services at reduced cost and challenges
- Through push notifications, the public can be better informed about the new formulations and announcements
- Greater awareness on various people facilities offered by the government agencies
- AI-powered chatbots with the help of machine learning techniques, can study the behavior of people’s interaction with the chatbots and deliver content deliver content based on people's interests
This way chatbots can optimize costs in delivering customer services delivery while increasing the service delivery speed at reduced costs, efficiency with least human errors.