The enterprises are working hard in making service desk processes easy-to-access and be able to generate better user-experiences. With enterprise voice assistants evolving as the next-generation zero-touch UI/UX interfaces, these are expected to solve some of the hard-hitting issues in the service desk processes while ensuring more of natural human-business systems interactions. Here we show how the advanced voice platform VERA is going to improve the service desk, simplify the complex approaches in the current desk process, thereby improving overall service desk productivity.
Complications With The Current Service Desk Process
In the current service desk process, user-friendly ticket creation process requires the user to login to the web portal and raise the ticket by filling in a huge list of details, like description, type of service, and so on. Based on the details in the ticket, the ticket is routed to the respective resource team or person. Though this sounds good, this process lacks user-friendliness, and involves a manual process. Some other issues users face with service desk web portal are:
- Consumes lot of time to navigate through vast list of options
- Very difficult to locate the required catalog items
- Not easy to find previously reported problems and their solutions, when you are facing an issues that have been repeated in the past
- Locating the relevant knowledge base article from huge knowledge database is very difficult.
To overcome all the complications involved in the current service desk process, we propose a one-stop solution - VERA.
What is VERA?
VERA is an AI-driven voice enabled chatbot that provides a conversational user interface for the users to interact through voice with any enterprise system. VERA lets you create a ticket or seek/update information. This application integrates with your enterprise’s software, such as ServiceNow. VERA can be accessed from your mobile device, or smart assistants such as Amazon's Alexa.
By 2020, zero-touch UIs will be available on 2billion devices and Internet of Things(IoT) endpoints."
Overcoming Service Desk Complications
VERA enables users input through voice commands, to create tickets/incidents and assign those tickets to right groups with the aid of VERA’s intelligent automation engine. Based on the issue, prior to ticket creation, this voice assistant offers self-help to users in the form of knowledge base articles for troubleshooting the issue and this helps the user to solve the issue even without creating a ticket.
By studying users’ interactions with their enterprise systems, VERA can notify the occurrence of risk in advance, and on approval, can run a fix for the issue. For example, if VERA is observing your system security to be in the yellow zone, it can suggest a diagnostic run by prompting you, “Would you like me to troubleshoot your system security?"
Since VERA is mobile enabled, it allows users to make and track service requests on the fly. Also, VERA keeps users updated on issues via push notifications that prompt the users if any change in the state of the request is noticed. VERA also aids managers with deep analytics on the overall service delivery processes efficiency, like number of requests processed or pending.
VERA Benefits to Service Desk Process
Apart from the above explained the abilities of VERA, following are the benefits VERA has for the overall Service Desk process:
- Extreme simplification for the end user without adding cost to the service desk, HR or CSM groups.
- Avoids the time and costs of training on dashboards, portals, several clicks or touch screens.
- Everything is as natural as talking to a human.
- Its mobile and handy for users, approvers, and implementers. With push notifications and voice-enabled interface, approvals or updates can be done on the go.
- The mobile app will also have KPIs and Graphs in case managers need to look for details
- With knowledge graph, updated information at your fingertips or at your voice command. (My PTO balance, my critical incidents, etc. Learn how VERA can be the best virtual HR)