With every new release, ServiceNow delivers innovative new solutions to improve service industry operations and drive service delivery efficiencies in a single platform. These efforts have positioned ServiceNow as the ITSM leader by Gartner for six consecutive years. Continuing its success, ServiceNow’s latest release ServiceNow Orlando has added some thrilling new features.
1.Deeper Insights into Analytics
With full AI capacities ServiceNow Orlando, comes with an enhanced Performance Analytics platform that provides deeper insights into enterprises' chronological context describing the overall IT health of the business. ServiceNow Orlando offers the following new features:
- Dynamic dashboard visuals to display data specific to user needs. Can be displayed on dashboard or Workspace Canvas.
- New visualization types (bar, donut, pie, time series, and single score) in Workspace Canvas to understand a specific data story.
- New message logs to make the data compilation and troubleshooting easier
Natural Language Understanding
ServiceNow Natural Language Understanding (NLU) is a robust platform that understands and answer a user’s intent. To increase efficiency in understanding intent, ServiceNow Orlando brings many new features:
- Users can make use of existing NLU models, and avoid cloning the NLU model
- Users can create a custom-made derived entity based on their needs instead of using predefined entities
- Users can make any entity available across all available NLU model intents apart from using predefined entities.
- The interactive dashboard measures the performance metrics of NLU models.
2. Predictive Intelligence
ServiceNow predictive intelligence capabilities constantly monitors each resource's capability. Predictive Intelligence categorizes, compares, and creates clusters to foster decision making. New ServiceNow Orlando predictive intelligence capabilities offers are:
- Creates Term Frequency-Inverse Document Frequency (TF-IDF) -based classification instead of word embedding-based classification.
- Users can define their own customized stopwords which are added to the predefined system stopwords to improve the capability to categorize, compare, and create clusters.
- Configure target metrics for a trained classification solution and along with DBSCAN also can be configured to improve precision in clustering solutions.
- Updated API framework permits users to incorporate machine learning capabilities in workflows
- In the ServiceNow New York release, only English support was offered, in Orlando release, ServiceNow offers international language support for clustering solutions including Brazilian-Portuguese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish.
3. Improved Reporting Capabilities
New ServiceNow Orlando Reporting Capabilities are:
- Customized virtual agent themes to suit branding and UI choices
- Customized topic discovery based on context of topic intent. Users can customize the intent to decide on topics to be displayed by the bot
- Reusable topic blocks to avoid common functions
- Integration with other chat service providers like Slack.
- Integrate with third-party NLU models like LUIS and Watson Assistant
4. Smart and Fast CSM
New CSM features in ServiceNow Orlando are:
- Creates correct case type based on customer issue
- Manages complex project tasks with Customer Project Management integrated with PPM
- Derives claims based on particular fields of a record using case entitlement derivation
Proactive Customer Service Operations
- Proactive case flows allows users to automate workflows to preemptive case creation
- Outage tracking increases visibility
- Prioritize and create proactive cases to alert customer service agents based on severity of request within the Proactive Customer Service Operations dashboard
CSM Agent Workspace
- New ribbon configuration allows agents to inspect and get record details
- Response templates allow adding template content to cases and case tasks
- Agent Assist simplifies knowledge article or data search in the service catalog
- New highlight capability in to use color to emphasize fields for agents
Service-aware Install Base
- Install base makes it easy to track and view services and products purchased and used by the customer in the Agent Workspace
5. Enhanced DevOps
To promote DevOps adoption with ease, ServiceNow Orlando offers some interesting DevOps features:
- Configurable pipeline modeling to manage and enhance visibility into operations
- New planning, coding, and orchestration tool integrations for the DevOps lifecycle process
- Updated ServiceNow DevOps application speeds up change request process with Change workflow and DevOps Change Approval policy, which automatically approves changes
- DevOps Insights dashboards provides a visual representation of the status of overall operations, deployments, change requests and health of ServiceNow applications
- App Pipeline UI provides pipeline execution information: pipeline stages, view change, pipeline execution history, work items, and quality of build test summary
- Support for common Jenkins plugin features
6. Automated Governance, Risk, and Compliance
ServiceNow GRC module enables organizations to automate and provide a broader understanding of all GRC activities in a single window with real-time monitoring to handle risks.
ServiceNow GRC enhancements and updates in the Orlando release:
- Introduced GDPR DPIA Use Case Accelerator to scale up security of user’s personal data
- GRC ServiceNow Virtual Agent application answers security concerns or risks through a chatbot. This chatbot provides policy-related information
Fully Automated Risk Handling
- The automated risk event response feature characterizes the risk event lifecycle and response to the risks. It provides risk event response templates where one can define and add approvers, issues, and owners involved in risk handling
- Performance analytics dashboard provides a birds-eye view of risk data
- Integration with Operational Risk data Exchange (ORX) ensures higher security to fintech company processes and events
Policy and Compliance Management
Policy and Compliance Management in ServiceNow provides a unified and centralized approach to managing policies and compliance management aspects. It helps organizations with a centralized process for policies, standards, and internal control procedures, adhering to external regulations and best practices.
- Consolidated Assessment Responses by clustering risk assessments
- Allow other application users to access policy exceptions and manage policies in a central location
7. Further Improved HR Service Delivery
In the globalized business environment, most business leaders expect HR to be a strategic business partner. ServiceNow has been crucial in transforming HR into an active business partner. To enable HR to foster the aspirations of the business, ServiceNow Orlando comes with some interesting new features.
Case and Knowledge Management
- Integrate with Adobe Sign
- Auto-determine the HR service for a case
- Auto-case creation feature trains the predictive model automatically
- Auto-train the predictive model for email case or HR case categorization
- Configure HR policies, security, read & write permissions and standards using the COE Access Control List (ACLs)
Employee Service Center
- Add or modify notification content
- Assess campaign growth with campaign success goals and reassess your audience
- The Content Automation dashboard provides details on rate of campaign engagement
- Mobile content feature broadcasts information to employees
- Automate Onboarding by integrating with Okta service and CIC Plus service
- Offer dynamic translation feature to translate text into the required language.
- Pre-chat survey configurations
8. Strategic Portfolio Management (Formerly IT Business Management)
ServiceNow SPM (formerly ITBM) manages IT-as-a-business on its own. ServiceNow SPM (formerly ITBM) helps businesses achieve meaningful outcomes in terms of strategy, planning, client/customer service, financial visibility, and modeling.
Agile Development 2.0
- Integration with Atlassian Jira supports Scrum programs
- Performance Analytics Content Pack
- Quick start tests
- GRC controls specific to business applications
- Quick start tests for Application Portfolio Management
Project Portfolio Management
- Demand Management with Risks, Issues, Decisions, Actions, and Request Changes (RIDAC)
- Program managers can create program status reports and track all the project data
9. IT Service Management
Some of the notable features introduced in ITSM:
- Simplified conflict change management with Conflict Properties
- Change approval policies using Change Approval Policies
- Manage change requests with ITSM Agent Workspace
- Manage change tasks with ServiceNow Agent mobile application
ITSM Workspace Management
- Create Knowledge articles from an incident
- Generate knowledge gap records from an incident for the specific issue
- Create a similar incident for a different caller
- New search categories on Incident Agent Assist
- Track interaction times of agents
- Track Continual Improvement Management fixes from a problem record
IT Service Management Virtual Agent
Create reusable blocks to improve service management capabilities of ITSM virtual agent and improve its service delivery efficiency. These reusable blocks can optimize configuration and maintenance time of chatbot conversations. There are refactored and predefined reusable blocks.
10. Updated Mobile Platform
The ServiceNow mobile app platform has been updated for the Orlando release, encouraging better mobility of services while offering intuitive user experiences. New Features within Now Mobile Platform in Orlando release:
- Using ServiceNow mobile studio contextual link passes relevant information to the virtual agent to process the request
- To ease accessibility, configure an embedded list
- To avoid displaying content, admins can use hide empty fields
- Create an applet launcher to serve as a landing page for your users
- Manage mobile application integrations securely with Microsoft Intune or Blackberry Dynamics
- Mobile dashboard comes with Performance Analytics widget
- Admins can control which browsers users can use
- Users can perform an image-based search using objects
- Mobile analytics dashboards provide admins measurable KPIs