This is a frequently asked question by many business owners, CEOs, CFOs, and CIOs in an increasingly digital age. Every successful business relies on the following critical components. I know as a former business owner and shareholder, I certainly did.
What does your IT department do for you?
Every company's IT department is different. Here are five things you should know about your IT department and its accomplishments, and what you should ask yourself about them:
- Information. Real time, up-to-date analytics.
- How is my company doing? What are my industry’s trends? Do I have the correct benchmarks to score my company against competitors? Is my proprietary information secure?
- Technology: Technology is not just hardware or software. It is also well defined processes, training, and best in class project management.
- Is all of this adding to my company bottom line? I can buy or lease the best technology, but is it being properly used to grow market share?
- Velocity: The speed in which your company can make changes.
- Am I taking advantage of market changes quick enough that I can still get a return? When I make the decision to implement technology to capitalize on these changes, can I get there quick enough with my current IT staff?
- Momentum: Momentum is one of the most powerful forces in both nature and business, but remember, that downhill momentum is normally faster that uphill momentum.
- My company has experienced fast growth. I can’t allow it to slow down. Can my IT group continue the momentum with me? I must keep trending up.
- Messaging: The way you portray your business to customers, employees, and prospects.
- Does my customer base understand who we are? What we stand for? Do my employees understand? How can I deliver that message through technology?
If your answer to any or all of these questions, is "I am not sure" or "I don’t know", then V-Soft Consulting can help.
What Can V-Soft Do for My Company?
Many companies know V-Soft as an IT staffing partner, or for mobile application development, Big Data consulting, Web site support, ERP and software support, but did you know that V-Soft can also offer managed services? Some of our offerings include:
- Cyber Security Audits and Ongoing Managed Security as a Service: V-Soft can provide a complete Cyber Security Assessment including Vulnerability Analytics, Cyber Security Road Map, and ongoing Managed Security and Compliance services. We don’t just look at the physical layer, we look at the entire organization and it policies and practices to create the right road map for your company.
- Managed IT Services: V-Soft can supply partial or complete IT outsourcing. This includes 24x7 End-User Help Desk Services, Patch Management Services, Server and LAN Monitoring, Network and Firewall Monitoring, and Mobile Device Management. V-Soft utilizes best-in-class, ITIL-based solutions to proactively monitor and remediate issues before they happen.
- Cloud Computing: V-Soft can offer affordable project-based or monthly recurring-based cloud services including: Office 365 Migration, Backup as a Service, Virtual Desktops as a Service, Disaster Recovery as a Service, Firewall as a Service, Web Filtering as a Service, and Voice over IP as a Service. These are all powered and maintained in a series of fully redundant data center partners across the United States.
- Design/Build/Implementation Services: V-Soft can help with IT projects and implementations from leading partners such as Dell, HP, Microsoft, Cisco, VM Ware, Sonic Wall, Lenovo, and many others. This includes discovery, design, evaluation units, proof of concept, implementation services, and post-implementation support.
V-Soft Consulting can add these services and solutions to any size customer in any ZIP Code in the United States. Please contact your V-Soft Account manager to learn more about how these managed services can work best for you.
About the Author
Mark McBee is a 25-year IT industry veteran. He was a founding member of a $250MM National VAR and a managing partner and COO for a regional Managed Service Provider. During that time he was on the partner advisory boards of Lenovo, HP Printing and Imaging, and Okidata. He currently serves as Vice President of Managed Services/Cloud Services for V-Soft Consulting.